Overview: What are we talking about?
This article will describe how to accept tips and run the tips report using the different report parameters available to you.
This article includes:
- Accepting tips as a user
- Adding tips to a booking
- Running the tips report
- Reading the tips report
- Exporting the tips report
- When creating or editing an existing user, you will now see an option to indicate whether the user should accept tips.
- If enabled for the user account, this user will display when adding a tip to a booking.
View the booking you’d like to add a tip to.
Scroll to the Costs section of the booking details.
Click the + Add a tip button.
- Indicate the User that should receive the tip (if any), optionally enter a Note/Message, and then either select a Percentage or Custom Amount for the tip.
- Save. The tip will now show as an additional charge on the booking.
- Navigate to Top-Side Navigation: Reports >> Tips report
- Run the report by inputting the desired date range.
- Tips by Staff section:
- Employee Name: This column will show the employee to whom the tip is designated to.
- Collected Tips: This column shows the total amount of tips collected by the employee.
- Average Tip: This column shows the average tip amount by dividing the Collected Tips field by the number of tipped invoices for that staff member.
- Tips by Invoice section:
- #: This column shows the invoice number that the tip is attached to. Clicking the number will pull up the invoice.
- Customer: This column provides the name of the customer who left the tip. Clicking the name will pull up the customer's page.
- Pet(s) Name: This column shows the pet(s) that the invoice correlates to. Clicking the name will pull up the pet's page.
- Amount: This column shows the invoice's total amount including the tip.
- Tip Amount: This column gives the amount from the invoice that was designated as a tip.
- Employee Name: This column shows the employee who received the tip along with the amount designated.
- Click the Tools drop down in the top right corner of the report.
- Select between three available options: Print, Save PDF, or Export To Excel.