Overview: What are we talking about?
This article will describe how to accept tips and run the tips report using the different report parameters available to you.
This article includes:
- Accepting tips as a user
- Adding tips to a booking
- Running the tips report
- Reading the tips report
- Exporting the tips report
- When creating or editing an existing user, you will now see an option to indicate whether the user should accept tips.
- If enabled for the user account, this user will display when adding a tip to a booking.
View the booking you’d like to add a tip to.
Scroll to the Costs section of the booking details.
Click the + Add a tip button.
- Indicate the User that should receive the tip (if any), optionally enter a Note/Message, and then either select a Percentage or Custom Amount for the tip.
- Save. The tip will now show as an additional charge on the booking.
Note: If you have Revelation Pets Payments enabled (in the US, Canada or the UK), the pet parent can add a tip via the Stripe terminal, and that tip will be added to the invoice. The system will ask to which user the tip should be assigned. Customers cannot assign the tip to a user directly from the terminal - only users can designate the tip to a specific user via the business end of Revelation Pets.
- Navigate to Top-Side Navigation: Reports >> Tips report
- Run the report by inputting the desired date range.
- Tips by Staff section:
- Employee Name: This column will show the employee to whom the tip is designated to.
- Collected Tips: This column shows the total amount of tips collected by the employee.
- Average Tip: This column shows the average tip amount by dividing the Collected Tips field by the number of tipped invoices for that staff member.
- Tips by Invoice section:
- #: This column shows the invoice number that the tip is attached to. Clicking the number will pull up the invoice.
- Customer: This column provides the name of the customer who left the tip. Clicking the name will pull up the customer's page.
- Pet(s) Name: This column shows the pet(s) that the invoice correlates to. Clicking the name will pull up the pet's page.
- Amount: This column shows the invoice's total amount including the tip.
- Tip Amount: This column gives the amount from the invoice that was designated as a tip.
- Employee Name: This column shows the employee who received the tip along with the amount designated.
- Click the Tools drop down in the top right corner of the report.
- Select between three available options: Print, Save PDF, or Export To Excel.