Overview: What are we talking about?
This article will describe how to accept tips and run the tips report using the different report parameters available to you. The tips feature is enabled for use on the backend of the software (i.e. the business side) for all applications. For countries where Rev Pets Payments is available, tips must be configured and enabled for remote payments as well as payments made on the Wise POS E terminal (if available).
This article includes:
- Accepting tips as a user
- Adding tips to a booking
- Running the tips report
- Reading the tips report
- Exporting the tips report
- Configure tips for emailed payment requests and/or payments made via the online booker
- Revelation Pets Payments Overview
- How to Sign Up for Revelation Pets Payments
- How to Set Up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (WisePOS E) for Revelation Pets Payments
1) When creating or editing an existing user, you will see an option to indicate whether the user should accept tips.
2) If enabled for the user account, this user will display when adding a tip to a booking.
1) View the booking you’d like to add a tip to.
2) Scroll to the Costs section of the booking details.
3) Click the + Add a tip link.
4) In the pop-up, indicate the user that should receive the tip (if any), optionally enter a Note/Message, and then either select a Percentage or Custom Amount for the tip and save.
5) Save the updated booking. The tip will now show as an additional charge on the booking.
Please note: If you have Revelation Pets Payments enabled (in the US, CA, UK, AU or NZ), the pet parents can add a tip via the Stripe terminal (Wise POS E), and that tip will be added to the invoice automatically. The system will ask which user the tip should be assigned to. Customers cannot assign the tip to a user directly from the terminal - only users can designate the tip to a specific user via the business end of Revelation Pets. Learn more about ordering an integrated terminal HERE and configuring the terminal for tips HERE.
1) Navigate to Top-Side Navigation: Reports » Tips report
2) Run the report by inputting the desired date range.
1) Tips by Staff section:
- Employee Name: This column will show the employee to whom the tip is designated to.
- Collected Tips: This column shows the total amount of tips collected by the employee.
- Average Tip: This column shows the average tip amount by dividing the Collected Tips field by the number of tipped invoices for that staff member.
2) Tips by Invoice section:
- #: This column shows the ref (invoice) number that the tip is attached to. Clicking the number will pull up the invoice.
- Customer: This column provides the name of the customer who left the tip. Clicking the name will pull up the customer's page.
- Pet(s) Name: This column shows the pet(s) that the invoice correlates to. Clicking the name will pull up the pet's page.
- Amount: This column shows the invoice's total amount including the tip.
- Tip Amount: This column gives the amount from the invoice that was designated as a tip.
- Employee Name: This column shows the employee who received the tip along with the amount designated.
1) Click the Tools drop down in the top right corner of the report.
2) Select between three available options: Print, Save PDF, or Export To Excel.
How to: Configure tips for emailed payment requests and/or payments made via the online booker
*Please note: This functionality is exclusive to applications signed up for Rev Pets Payments. You can learn more about Rev Pets Payments HERE. This functionality is an opt-in offering and is disabled by default.
1) Navigate to Account Settings » Integrations » click "View Account"
2) In the Payments Dashboard menu, select Payment Link Tipping.
3) In the tip settings dropdown, you have the ability to configure different tipping prompts - no tips, fixed options, percentage, and fixed amount (if the amount is below the threshold) and percentage.
- No Tips: Clients will not be prompted for a tip when making a payment.
Fixed Amount: The payment link will prompt the client to select 1 of 3 fixed tip amounts. Ex. $5, $10, and $15. The tip amounts can be configured by the business after selecting this option.
Percentage: The terminal will prompt the user to select 1 of 3 tip percentages. Ex. 10%, 15%, 20%. The tip percentages can be configured by the business after selecting this option.
Fixed Amount (when below threshold) or Percentage: The payment link will prompt for the fixed amounts below a set value, and a percentage once the threshold has been met.
Example: If the transaction is under $50, the user will be prompted for $5, $10, $15. If the transaction is greater than $50 the user will be prompted for 10%, 15%, 20%. The fixed amounts, percentages, and thresholds will be set by the business after selecting this option.
4) Once you have configured your tip settings, return to the integrations page Account Settings » Integrations and tick the box(es) next to the setting(s) "Allow tipping via payment link in emails" and/or "Allow tipping via payment link on customer profile page."
5) Now your customers can choose to leave a tip when they make a payment via an emailed payment link and/or via the profile page on the online booker!
Example: Payment link via an email
Example: Payment link via the online booker
*Please note: When a tip is added via a payment link customers cannot assign the tip to a user, only users can designate the tip to a specific user via the business end of Revelation Pets. Tips will be assigned to "no specific person" by default.
If you have any questions regarding tipping functionality, please reach out to our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org