Overview: What are we talking about?
Rev Pets Payments (RPP), powered by Stripe, is the only payment processing solution that has a card reader (terminal) that fully syncs to Revelation Pets for our customers in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This article will review how to set up your Stripe card reader (WisePOS E) to Rev Pets Payments.
- Rev Pets Payments Overview
- How to Sign Up for Rev Pet Payments
- How to Order a Stripe Card Reader (Terminal) for Rev Pets Payments
This article includes:
How to: Setup your WisePOS E
1) When you first receive the device, install the battery. With the back of the device facing you, lift up from the indentation at the bottom left corner to detach the back cover. Insert the battery by sliding it into the exposed slot with the gold connectors at the top aligned.
2) Once the battery is in place, charge the reader. Connect the reader to power by plugging the provided cable.
3) Once charged, hold down the power button on the right hand side until the screen turns on. Once the device is powered on, pressing the power button once will sleep and wake the device. To fully power off the device hold down the power button until the power off option is shown on the screen, then select it.
Pro tip: Even when it’s not in use, leave the card reader plugged in and powered on to receive automatic software updates.
4) Next, open the settings menu. To open the settings menu swipe right from the left edge of the reader screen to reveal a settings button. Tap the settings button and enter the admin PIN
5) Next, you will want to connect the card reader to your business WiFi by selecting "Network"from the Admin Options Menu.
*Important: Your WiFi network must use WPA-Personal or WPA2-Personal encryption and be password protected. WiFi is not supported for non-password-protected networks or enterprise networks. If your WiFi network is not supported, you will need to directly link your connector cable to an ethernet cable and to your router.
Pro Tip: You can also connect the card reader to a mobile hot spot, check HERE for a quick video.
6) Once your terminal is powered on and you are connected to your network, you can connect your card reader to your Revelation Pets application. Navigate to Account Settings » Integrations » click View Account (under Linked to Revelation Pets Payments).
7) On the left-hand side menu, select Card Readers from your Payments Dashboard » Click + Add card reader in the Existing Readers section.
8) Once you click the Add Card Reader button, you will be prompted to provide a Registration Code and Label.
Registration Code (Pairing code): On your card reader, navigate back to your Admin options menu (to open the settings menu swipe right from the left edge of the reader screen to reveal a settings button. Tap the settings button and enter the admin PIN
07139). Select "Generate pairing code" and you will receive your registration/pairing code (which will likely be three words separated with dashes).
- Label: This will be the name of the card reader as it appears in Revelation Pets and can be whatever you'd like.
9) Once you have entered your Registration Code and Label, click the Add button.
How to: Enable/Configure Tips (optional)
10) Tips can be accepted directly from the card reader and is an optional setting. Tipping functionality is disabled by default, so to enable the feature you will need to select a tips option from the Tips Setting dropdown. This is located within the Rev Pets Payments Dashboard at Account Settings » Integrations » click View Account » in the menu select Card Readers.
You have the ability to prompt for different tip amounts on the terminal at checkout:
- No Tips: Clients will not be prompted for a tip when making a payment.
Fixed Amount: The terminal will prompt the client to select 1 of 3 fixed tip amounts. Ex. $5, $10, and $15. The tip amounts can be configured by the business after selecting this option.
Percentage: The terminal will prompt the user to select 1 of 3 tip percentages. Ex. 10%, 15%, 20%. The tip percentages can be configured by the business after selecting this option.
Fixed Amount (when below threshold) or Percentage: The terminal will prompt for the fixed amounts below a set value, and a percentage once the threshold has been met. Ex. If the transaction is under $20, the user will be prompted for $5, $10, $15. If the transaction is greater than $20 the user will be prompted for 10%, 15%, 20%. The fixed amounts, percentages, and threshold will be set by the business after selecting this option.
Please note: In addition to the tips settings that are defined above, pet parents will also see a "Custom" tip option which will allow them to enter in their own custom tip amount.
The terminal may take several minutes to update and display the tipping options. If for any reason the tipping options are not appearing after 24 hours, please contact our Support Team (email@example.com). Once configured, when sending a transaction to the card reader, the pet parent will be prompted for a tip, and this amount will be added to the booking to be assigned to a user (optional).
Whooohooo! Now your card reader is connected to Rev Pets Payments! Your card reader will display as an payment type option in the Costs section of the expanded view of bookings.
If you run into any issues setting up your card reader, please contact our Support Team to assist with troubleshooting at firstname.lastname@example.org.