Overview: What are we talking about?
This article will describe how to merge and consolidate duplicated owner or pet accounts in Revelation Pets!
This article includes:
- Helpful hints
- Locating the merge customers feature
- Using the merge customers feature
- Video tutorial
- Merging two pets with the same owner
Helpful Hints: Before you begin
- Only Admin users will see the options to delete, merge, or export customer, pet, and vet data.
- When merging an account, all future bookings, booking history, credits, balances, credit packs, terms and conditions, cards on file, and files will be combined on the merged account.
- When merging pets, all future bookings, booking history, and activity will be combined on the merged pet account.
How to: Locate the Merge Customers Feature
The Merge Customers option can be found under the Tools section on the Customers list, or on the Customer view itself.
How to: Use the Merge Customers Feature
On the Merge Customers page, search for the owners that you would like to merge. Note: These do not need to be in a specific order.
Once the owners have been confirmed, you will need to indicate which information should carry forward to the new account for each owner field by ticking the box for each field next to the information to keep. Note: When merging an account, all future bookings, booking history, credits, balances, credit packs, terms and conditions, cards on file, and files will be combined on the merged account.
- Once satisfied, on the next screen you will see an option to manage all of the pet records from both accounts. For each pet, you can either keep the pet and carry it forward to the merged account, or you can opt to merge the pet with another pet on the other owner account. Note: When merging pets, all future bookings, booking history, and activity will be combined on the merged pet account.
- If you choose to merge the pet accounts, on the next screen you will need to indicate which pet information you want to carry forward to the new merged animal account.
- Click Merge Accounts, and the merge will be complete!
Video Tutorial: Demo of Using the Merge Customers Feature
Merging Two Pets from the Same Owner
Revelation Pets offers the ability to merge duplicate pets created under one owner profile. The process for merging duplicate animals will be nearly the same as merging customer accounts.
1. First, navigate to the Customers tab » Tools » Merge Customers:
2. From here, select the owner with duplicate pets, and continue to the next page.
3. You will be taken to the Merge Pets page. If the customer has 2 pets that are the same, select to Keep 1, and Merge the other pet with the pet you keep.
4. Next, select the fields you'd like to keep between the two pets:
5. Now that you've selected which information should be saved for this pet's profile, click on Merge Accounts at the bottom of the page. This will merge the pets into 1 account under the same owner.
Video Tutorial to Merge Duplicate Pets:
If you have any questions or issues during the Merging process, you can reach out to email@example.com for assistance!
Please sign in to leave a comment.