Overview: What are we talking about?
Revelation Pets Payments powered by Stripe is the only payment processing solution that has a credit card terminal that fully syncs to Revelation Pets for our US and Canadian customers. This article will review how to set up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (WisePOS E) to Revelation Pets Payments.
- Revelation Pets Payments Overview
- How to Sign Up for Revelation Pet Payments
- How to Order a Stripe Credit Card Terminal for Revelation Pets Payments
- Taking Payment Using a Stripe Terminal
How to: Setup your WisePOS E
1. When you first receive the device, install the battery. With the back of the device facing you, lift up from the indentation at the bottom left corner to detach the back cover. Insert the battery by sliding it into the exposed slot with the gold connectors at the top aligned.
2. Once the battery is in place, charge the reader. Connect the reader to power by plugging the provided cable into the port with the lightning bolt symbol.
3. Once charged, hold down the power button on the right hand side until the screen turns on. (Once the device is powered on, pressing the power button once will sleep and wake the device. To fully power off the device hold down the power button until the power off option is shown on the screen, then select it.)
*Even when it’s not in use, leave the BBPOS WisePOS E plugged in and powered on to receive automatic software updates.
4. To open the settings menu swipe right from the left edge of the reader screen to reveal a settings button. Tap the settings button and enter the admin PIN
5. Here you will want to connect the terminal to your business WiFi. *If you rather not connect to your business WiFi, you can also choose to directly attach your connector cable to an ethernet cable and to your router. If you choose this method, use the port on the connecter cable labeled ETH.
- If you are setting up a new device, follow the on-screen prompts to connect to the internet using WiFi. If you need to start over for any reason, press the red X button on the keypad. To enter your network's password, use the multi-tap functionality on the terminal's keypad.
- If you are switching networks, or connecting an already online terminal to a WiFi network, press 0WIFI (0-9-4-3-4) on the keypad and follow the prompts. To enter your network's password, use the multi-tap functionality on the terminal's keypad.
*Please note: Your WiFi network must use WPA-Personal or WPA2-Personal encryption and be password protected. WiFi is not supported for non-password-protected networks or enterprise networks. If your WiFi network is not supported, you will need to directly link your connector cable to an ethernet cable and to your router.
6. Once your terminal is powered on and you are connected to the internet, you can connect your terminal to your Revelation Pets app. Navigate to Account Settings (gear icon) >> Integrations >> click View Account.
7. On the left-hand side, select Card Readers from your Payments Dashboard >> Click + Add Card Reader in the Existing Readers section
8. Once you click the Add Card Reader button, you will be prompted to provide a Registration Code and Label.
- Registration Code: Key in 07139 to have a code generated for you.
- Label: This will be the name of the device as it appears in Revelation Pets.
Once you have entered your Registration Code and Label, click the Add button.
Now your Stripe credit card terminal (WisePOS E) is connected to Revelation Pets Payments!
If you run into any issues setting up your Stripe credit card terminal, please contact our Support Team to assist with troubleshooting at email@example.com.