Overview: What are we talking about?
Revelation Pets Payments powered by Stripe is the only payment processing solution that has a credit card terminal that fully syncs to Revelation Pets for our US, UK, and Canadian customers. This article will review how to set up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (Verifone P400) to Revelation Pets Payments.
*Important: The Verifone P400 terminal is no longer available to purchase effective September 14, 2021, however customers who already have the terminal can continue to use it. Stripe will provide customer support and critical software updates for the Verifone P400 through the end of 2023, but does not plan to introduce new features for these devices.
STOP! - Do you currently have a Stripe Terminal (Verifone P400) but you have recently switched to Revelation Pets Payments? Click HERE for an article on how to repurpose your existing terminal.
- Revelation Pets Payments Overview
- How to Sign Up for Revelation Pet Payments
- How to Order a Stripe Credit Card Terminal for Revelation Pets Payments
- How to Repurpose your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (Verifone P400) for Revelation Pets Payments
- Taking Payment Using a Stripe Terminal
How to: Setup your Verifone P400
- When you receive your newly purchased Verifone P400, three pieces of hardware should be included: the terminal, the power adapter, and the connector cable.
- First, you will want to attach the connector cable to the terminal. On the back of the terminal, open the cover by pulling up away on the tab to expose the connector cable port. With the cover open you can now attach the connector cable and place the cover back onto your terminal.
- Next, you will plug the power adapter into the connector cable.
- After these first 3 steps, your power adapter should be plugged into the connector cable and your connector cable should also be plugged into your terminal. You can now plug the power adapter into a power outlet.
5. Your Verifone P400 should automatically turn on when connected to power. If you see a Registration Code, make a note of the number we will need that number in a later step. Next, you will want to connect the terminal to your business WiFi. *If you rather not connect to your business WiFi, you can also choose to directly attach your connector cable to an ethernet cable and to your router. If you choose this method, use the port on the connecter cable labeled ETH.
- If you are setting up a new device, follow the on-screen prompts to connect to the internet using WiFi. If you need to start over for any reason, press the red X button on the keypad. To enter your network's password, use the multi-tap functionality on the terminal's keypad.
- If you are switching networks, or connecting an already online terminal to a WiFi network, press 0WIFI (0-9-4-3-4) on the keypad and follow the prompts. To enter your network's password, use the multi-tap functionality on the terminal's keypad.
*Please note: Your WiFi network must use WPA-Personal or WPA2-Personal encryption and be password protected. WiFi is not supported for non-password-protected networks or enterprise networks. If your WiFi network is not supported, you will need to directly link your connector cable to an ethernet cable and to your router.
6. Once your terminal is powered on and you are connected to the internet, you can connect your terminal to your Revelation Pets app. Navigate to Account Settings (gear icon) >> Integrations >> Click View Account
7. On the right-hand side, select Card Readers from your Payments Dashboard >> Click + Add Card Reader in the Existing Readers section
8. Once you click the Add Card Reader button, you will be prompted to provide a Registration Code and Label.
- Registration Code: Key in 07139 to have a code generated for you.
- Label: This will be the name of the device as it appears in Revelation Pets.
9. Once you have entered your Registration Code and Label, click the Add button.
Now your Stripe credit card terminal (Verifone P400) is connected to Revelation Pets Payments!
If you run into any issues setting up your Stripe credit card terminal (Verifone P400), please contact our Support Team to assist with troubleshooting at email@example.com.