Overview: What are we talking about?
Icons and color coding within Revelation Pets help businesses organize and manage information relating to customers, pets, and bookings. Some icons and color coding are automatically enabled and are universal to all Revelation Pets users. Other icons and color coding need to be enabled or your team can come up with an internal legend or key when using a particular icon. This article will review all icons and color coding within the system.
This article includes:
Let's Get Started with this Video Overview!
1) Pet Details Icon: Is represented as a paw. The Pet Details Icon is a helpful tool to have easy visibility of essential pet profile information (pet type, breed, weight) on the home page widgets, reporting, calendar, and booking views. This optional icon is disabled by default.
Learn more about the Pet Details Icon HERE.
2) Expired Vaccine Icon: Is represented as a triangle with an exclamation point in the center. The Expired Vaccine Icon indicates that the pet has at least one vaccine which has either expired or is due to expire before the checkout date of that booking.
Learn more about vaccinations HERE.
The expired vaccine icon displays on all reporting, home page widgets, calendar details, and within the detailed view of a booking.
3) Star Icon: Is represented as a star. The star icon next to a customer's name is to alert you that this is a customer's first booking in the system. The star icons displays on the arrivals, departures, and appointment home page widgets and reports, as well as the latest bookings widget, bookings report, and training report.
*Please note: The unique identifying ID for each customer is their email address. So if a new email address has been entered, the system will create a new customer record accordingly. Therefore, the star icon either indicates 1) a brand new customer has registered or 2) it might be a returning customer who has used a different email address from the one currently on their profile. If this is the case, you may want to move the booking to the original customer record and delete the new record to avoid duplication.
Learn more about merging duplicate customer and animal accounts HERE.
4) Behavior Note Icon: Is represented as an exclamation point. When a behavioral note is added to a pet's profile, the behavior note icon will appear next to the pet's name on the home page widgets, on the booking and appointment calendars, and on all reporting. If you hover your cursor over the behavior note icon, you can view the behavior note content easily.
Learn more about managing notes HERE.
5) Colored Dot Icon: Is represented as a selectable colored circle. There are 2 colored dots that you can use as visual reminders.
- Customer Colored Dot: On a customer's profile, there is a grey dot under every customer's name. Click this dot and select a color. You will need to create your own color legend or key per color. The customer color dot appears on the Dashboard home page widgets, most of the essential reports, the customer's profile, the detailed view of a booking, and on the customer's tab.
*Pro tip: On the customer's tab you can sort your customers by the customer-colored dot.
- Booking Colored Dot: In the top right corner of the Cost section on a booking, there is a blue dot. Click this dot and you can select a different color if desired. You will need to create your own color legend or key per color. When you select a dot from the drop-down, it will be added to the booking, and visible on the booking calendar. The color of the dot can be updated in the booking calendar view as well by hovering over the dot and selecting a new one.
6) Birthday Icon: Is represented as a gift. If you are logging pets' birthdates in the system, then on the day of the pet's birthday an icon will display on the home page widgets and essential reporting.
7) Paid/Unpaid Deposit Requests for Pending Bookings: Is represented as a dollar bill. If you are a Rev Pets Payments user (learn more about Rev Pets Payments HERE), you are able to request a deposit before formally accepting an online booking request in the system (learn more about managing deposits HERE). When looking at the Calendar icon for pending bookings, you can easily tell if a deposit has been requested and what the current payment status is.
If a deposit has been paid for a pending booking, you will see a green dollar bill. If a deposit has been requested but has not been paid yet, you will see a red dollar bill.
If a deposit has not been requested, you will not see an icon.
8.) Belongings Icon: Is represented by a suitcase icon. If a pet brings personal belongings, such as a blanket or food bowl, along to their Boarding or Daycare bookings, you can add a list of those belongings onto the icon via the Booking Details page of that pet's reservation.
If a pet has belongings for the booking in question, the Belongings icon will display in Green.
If a pet does not have belongings for the booking in question, the Belongings icon will display in Gray. These icons are owner-based, so if you have multiple pets in one booking, include all pets' belongings within the icon notes. (Read more about the Belongings icon HERE.)
1) Pet feeding and medical info: Is displayed as a colored rectangle around the pet's name. This colored rectangle displays on all widgets, reporting, and calendars. This is a quick visual reference to whether a pet has feeding or medical notes recorded on their profile. If a pet has medical only or medical and dietary notes, the pet name will appear highlighted in red. If a pet has only dietary notes, the pet name will appear highlighted green. If a pet does not have medical or dietary notes, they will appear in the default color of blue.
2) Colors on booking calendar: Are dependent on the status of the booking. All boarding bookings by default appear in dark blue, and all daycare bookings appear in turquoise. Any bookings submitted online (pending bookings) appear in grey until they have been accepted (then they change to the appropriate default color based on booking type). When a pet has been checked in, the booking turns green, and when the pet is checked out it turns pink. *The arrivals and departures widgets on the home page will also display in green or pink based on checked in/out status.
3) Pet sex: Is displayed as a colored circle around the pet's photo. A blue circle indicates the pet has been recorded as male. A pink circle indicates the pet is recorded as female. A green circle indicates no sex has been linked to that pet.
If you have any questions regarding icons or color codes, please reach out to our Support Team at email@example.com